Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Critical Literacy in Action

I have been doing a great deal of reflection in terms of incorporating technology into my classroom. The information and insight gained throughout this semester has helped put some things into perspective for me, especially when it comes to technology integration and how it can relate to literacy. I have been thinking about how I can incorporate such things into my classroom, as podcasts and blogging sites; but at this time, I don't think it's really possible. However, I plan on taking the knowledge I've gained in this class to infuse my future students' minds with how they can build upon their skill sets by creating blogs and podcasts. This is definitely an area I plan to explore in the future as a high school teacher!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

After this semester of thinking about critical literacy, I have also been evaluating how I can better tie it into my classroom. When I reflect on some of the topics from this class, I also wonder about which are possibilities for my classroom. For me, a lack of technology in my classroom is a major challenge for incorporating some of these things. But, I guess we need to start where we can and maybe build toward where we would like to be.